Thoughts for a Thursday

7.5.15



It was 24 degrees today in Toronto! We've officially skipped Spring and jumped head first into Summer. I hope I haven't jinxed this and brought on a freak May snowstorm.  Here are some of the thoughts that have been rattling around my head this week and some links I want to share.

Have you binge-watched any of the new Netflix Original Series yet? I loved Bloodline. Great writing, killer cast (Kyle Chandler! So many theatre people!). I can't believe we have to wait until 2016 to see the next part of this story. I've just started watching their docu series Chef's Table and while I can't fully endorse it yet, I really enjoyed the first episode. The love story they told between Massimo Bottura and his wife Lara Gilmore (and their restaurant) totally captured my imagination. If they ever make a movie about those two Stanley Tucci needs to put his apron back on.

Here are 100 lasting images from the Freddie Gray protests and aftermath in Baltimore via the Baltimore Sun. Nobody needs to hear my thoughts on this matter (I'm pretty sure you know what they are anyway) so let's allow the visuals to do the talking.



I'm kind of obsessed with this watercolour mural.

via A New Wall

Shaq falls. Shaq is a good sport. The internet reacts accordingly.

These "empathy cards" created by artist and cancer survivor Emily McDowell are brilliant.

Ryan Gosling finally eats his cereal. Sniff, sniff.

And finally, since it was so beautiful out today, How To Get A Beach Body.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |