Recipe: Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower

18.6.14



I've been loving mashed cauliflower lately. And you can trust me, you guys...I'd never try to fool you into thinking you're eating mashed potatoes. I can't stand that kind of trickery. Let the cauliflower shine on it's own.

What you'll need:

1 Head Cauliflower
4-6 cloves garlic, peeled
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper
1/3 cup Cream or Milk
1/3 cup Parmesan
Butter (to taste)
Chives (minced)

Directions:

1.  Clean cauliflower and break into large pieces. Drizzle the cauliflower and garlic cloves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.

2.  In a large piece of aluminum foil, tightly wrap cauliflower flowerettes and peeled garlic cloves and bake at 350°F for 45-55 minutes or until tender.

3.  Put into casserole dish and mash to desired consistency. Add butter and cream (or milk) and mix in well.

4.  Add the grated Romano cheese and chives. Correct seasoning and serve!

Verdict:

This is really flavourful, especially because of the roasted garlic! I think it makes a beautiful side dish. I also love that it is infinitely adaptable. I've tried this many different ways, with different herbs and amounts of cheese and butter. I find that you want to be judicious about how much dairy you add...even a little too much can send this over the edge into too-rich-land. But just enough? Perfection!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |