Phenomenal Woman

28.5.14

We lost Maya Angelou today and I must admit that I'm feeling quite heartbroken.  Here, a collection of some of my favourite things Dr. Angelou.



This is my favourite picture of Maya.  I love seeing her in this time of her life, the middle years...and working.
Maya and James Baldwin
During her travels abroad, Maya befriended Malcolm when he visited Ghana in May 1964. The two wrote to each other frequently upon his return to the United States. She returned to the US after his Assassination to assist with moving the OAAU forward. 





I really feel the love in these pictures...




A short clip of Maya reading from "Phenomenal Woman"

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |