Lucky Lenny

15.6.14

"Be a dad. Don't be 'Mom’s assistant.' That's depressing, just waiting for her to write you a list, walk around a store staring at it, calling her from the cereal aisle to make sure you got the right thing. Be a man. Make your own list. Fathers have skills that they never use at home. You run a landscaping business and you can’t dress and feed a 4-year-old? Take it on. Spend time with your kids and have your own ideas about what they need. It won’t take away your manhood; it will give it to you. I did that. I spent more time with my kids. And I found out that I’m a pretty bad father. I make a lot of mistakes and I don't know what I'm doing. But my kids love me. Go figure."
-- Louis C.K.

2 comments :

  1. Fabulous quote! Love it. Mom's gotta let the Dad's do. It's not "my way or the highway." You are busy let the Dad take over, once in awhile. He may surprise you. Bonus, you get some time to yourself & get to learn a new way to do things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! Thank you, Wanda!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |