NEW YORK'S FINEST

27.5.11

Hugo Lindgren's post on the New York Times blog, The 6th Floor this week left me smiling.  Here he shares a list of "words we don't say" that former editor of New York Magazine, Kurt Andersen handed out to his staff.  Basically, these are words that Mr. Andersen found annoying and didn't want used in the magazine. Although some of it seems a little precious to me (maybe precious should be on the list?) I kind of love this blatant approach.  Besides, I can get behind anybody that annexes zeitgeist.


Read the full post, here.  Feel free to share the words you don't say in the comments.  Don't say "panties", nobody likes that word.

1 comment :

  1. I can get behind all of them except "flicks", although I do prefer "flickers".

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |