Just Do It?

3.3.11

I realized recently that when the weather is harsh like it has been lately, I don't shoot as many pictures as I should.  When I refrain from doing the things that make me happiest (shooting pictures, cooking fresh meals, writing, going for long walks, listening to new music) I get grumpy. And yes, that IS a technical term.  Armed with this new realization, I hope to have some new pictures to share with you next week. That is, if I can get myself motivated enough to get out there and do what I know I need to do.  I find myself almost crippled by procrastination sometimes.  But if I don't take the time to do the things that (and forgive me for sounding like an asshole here) sustain my spirit, I just feel like I'm running on fumes.

This has nothing to do with not having time because I'm a mom now. I have a great support system that helps me make the time for me to tend to me.  But sometimes I just find it impossible to get out of my own way.  Anybody else feel that way?  Do you have any advice to offer on how you get your butt in gear? Cause I could really use a swift kick in my virtual ass. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this selection from my February shoots.

As always, you can see more over at Tracey Nolan Studios or on my Flickr page.

New York based jazz trio, MEM3

























                             
                              The beautiful Kim Cattrall

Performance from the cast of HAIR at the Mirvish Productions 2011 - 2012 season launch

























Olivia Chow speaks at the 2011 Walk for Choice Rally

6 comments :

  1. As always, wonderful pictures.

    No advice from this quarter regarding your problem. I'm a prime example of same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:10 PM

    Yeah, me too. Just got called a procrastinator in my performance review (grrrr!). RD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear that walking around a greenhouse on a sunny day does wonders...maybe Allan Gardens? You'd get to walk, and take pictures...could be just what the doctor ordered. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am motivated by 'to do' lists. Love timelines, 'The November Project' for example. Currently working on a 'March Project', as you can see I like to give myself plenty of time. Feel free to reduce or lengthen the time depending on your schedule.
    A young friend of mine came home from school and said his homework was to work on a prodject. I commented that I think he meant to say project. "I've been doing them for YEARS and I'm pretty sure I know what a PRODject is! So there you have it, I now believe he was right. We all just need a prodding now and then. Liking that 'just do it' motivation, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:54 PM

    I don't have really good advice but I know what gets my butt in gear, even if the weather is cloudy, is to take a walk or make a list of things to do and do them. (Also just going out for coffee sometimes, making a date with a friend you cannot get out of...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hell yeah, I get in my own way! You've seen the stuff I write about :)

    Lately I've been saying affirmations (out loud) to myself every morning and throughout the day when I need a little boost. "I AM A CREATIVE FORCE, FEAR AND PROCRASTINATION DO NOT LIMIT ME" has been a favorite lately.

    Also, I'm reading a book on creativity by SARK, Make Your Creative Dreams Real, which has lots of suggestions for us procrastinating, getting in our own way folks. You might like it.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |