What you'll need:
1 small Watermelon or 1/2 a larger Watermelon
4 slices of Bacon
Course Sea Salt
Fresh Cracked Pepper
1. Snip the 4 slices of Bacon into bite-sized pieces into a skillet or frying pan.
2. While the Bacon is crisping up, slice the Watermelon thinly and arrange on a platter or large plate.
3. Drain the Bacon well.
4. Drizzle the Watermelon with Olive Oil and season with Course Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper.
5. Sprinkle Bacon on top of the Watermelon.
6. Garnish with ribbons of Green Onion (the green part).
This works nicely as a light appetizer before a BBQ with cocktails (think Gin and Tonic or Sangria). I love the sweet and salty combo of the Watermelon and Bacon! If you want to be more refined about things and really impress your guests, check out Martha Stewarts recipe for Watermelon Carpaccio, which was my inspiration for this little salad. Let me know if you try this one out!