Fashion Friday: 7 looks from NYFW that I'd love translated into Plus Sizes

14.2.14


So, February, you guys.  I can't muster up the strength to do much other than accessorize the old basic black ensemble these days.  I think about it, but then I look out the window and before you know it, I'm hiding under my bed.  Really impedes the whole notion of dressing for success.

I have, however, been following the news out of New York's Fall Fashion Week.  There are some beautiful looks on the runway...that I can imagine wearing in less extreme weather.  Oh, Fall, I miss you.

So, today I wanted to share 7 looks from the Fall 2014 collections that I'd love to see translated into Plus Sizes.

First, this striking ensemble from Alice + Olivia.  I love the graphic pattern and the texture.  I wouldn't change a thing about this.  I can see wearing this with leggings and flats and maybe a statement bangle instead of the collar.  The collar works beautifully here but, let's be real, it's not for everybody.

Alice + Olivia Fall 2014

This Anna Sui outfit is, I think, my favourite thing from any of the Fall 2014 collections so far.  Love that shade of green, love the layering, the patterns.  Love the boots.  LOVE.  Also, the combo of the shorter skirt with the longer sweater is one that I think translates really well to plus sizes.  I would wear the hell out of this.

Anna Sui Fall 2014

The trim on this Calvin Klein coat is delightful.  I think it would be fun to walk around in.

Calvin Klein Fall 2014
Less of a deep vee, kill the train and give it a little more slack around the hips.  Boom.  Gorgina.

Carolina Herrera

I adored Christian Siriano's whole collection, but this one is by far my favourite.  It's like something Kay Thompson would have worn, but completely modernized. Be still my heart!

Christian Siriano Fall 2014

Donna Karan did her Donna Karan thing for the 30th year in a row and I have to say, the gold detailing on these cuffs is captivating.  Plus size fashion designers:  more this, less giant florals, OK?

Donna Karan Fall 2014
Michael Kors brought some devastating menswear looks to the table this year.  I think a shawl collar like this would be a great way to add something luxe to a basic slouchy suit.  Also, ladies, we need to start styling our blazers with belts more often.  So chic.

Michael Kors Fall 2014
What do you think, would you sport a version of any of these outfits?  Feeling inspired, or would you take a pass? Let me know in the comments.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |