Fashion Friday: Uniform Edition

17.1.14


We've all got one.  The uniform.  The go-to outfit.  The thing we throw on when we just don't want to think about it.  The basic black items that get you through yet another dark suck bucket of a Winter.

There's more to it than just being lazy though.  Sometimes, life in the city demands something basic, comfortable and effortless that can go from shopping to meeting to cafe to playdate.  

Here's my uniform in action in Kensington Market.


My favourite way to dress up my basic black uniform is with a red lip and a great leopard print bag.

The lipstick is Revlon's Wine With Everything (which I've been wearing off and on for over 20 years) and the bag is from the Joan Rivers Classics Collection.  I love her.  And I LOVE her purses.  I've had several and they are sturdy, well made, cute and functional.



Tights: Addition Elle
Cardigan: Old Navy
Scarf: Target
Boots: Timberland
Bracelet: Voluptuous Vixen

---

Some fashion related eye-candy from around the web:

This amazing shawl would make a welcome addition to anyone's "uniform".

What I really want to be wearing instead of my uniform. So chic! So Summery!

Today is First Lady Michelle Obama's 50th Birthday!  Always classy, but still a serious risk taker, Michelle Obama has earned the title of fashion icon.  I wonder what her "uniform" is?  Or what is was back in her Chicago days?  Anyone else remember this cover of The New Yorker from 2009?


If there's anything that you'd like to see in this space on a Friday, let me know!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |