Latest Obsession: Elvis Costello and The Roots

26.9.13


People, I can't stop listening to this record.  It's just so damn good.  I guess this punk / funk pairing might seem unlikely but the two sounds blend so nicely.  Elvis remains Elvis and The Roots are understated, sonically SO interesting and as funky as ever.  Questlove's drums are so up front there are moments that it feels like a duet between him and Elvis.  

There's so much to hear, each song is layered and complex.  It's hitting me on a gut level, I just can't get enough.

And here's a picture from the recording session taken by the amazing Sacha Lecca (who is the Photo Editor of Rolling Stone) and one of those photographer's whose work makes me a little itchy...a little jealous...in a good way.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |