Fashion Friday: Ladies Who Lunch Edition

27.9.13


Wow, you guys! The response to my first Fashion Friday post last week was actually kind of overwhelming.  Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement.  My quest to go one day a week without yoga pants continues!

Here's a relaxed look for an afternoon of shopping and lunching.  I know it's often said that we plus sized ladies should avoid skinny jeans and tunic tops because they can just make our frames look more "boxy".  I feel like 1) rules were made to broken and 2) if I spent my whole life trying to emphasize my waist just to prove I have one, well, I'd get kind of bored.


The sheer striped high / low blouse is currently available at Addition Elle.

The black jacket with faux leather detailing is DKNY and features a fun asymetrical zipper, which you might not be able to see in these pics.

The black skinny jeans are Bianca Nygard for The Bay.

The green boots are Josef Seibel.

I accessorized with my new favourite bracelet, a Betsey Johnson charmer (on sale at The Bay!) and my good old reliable, H&M face eating sunnies.

---

Some fashion related eye candy online:

Mindy Kaling nailed it on the Emmy Red Carpet.  I'm not sure the neckline embellishments or short sleeves are a look I'd favour normally but it was just so refreshing to see something bold amid the sea of pastel strapless gowns. Plus, she's a total babe, right?

Gordon Parks - Painted Hermes Dresses, 1952.  This whole pictorial is just beyond.  Gordon Parks was such a genius photographer, and not just with fashion.  His street photography it totally compelling and his jazz photography is some of the best.  Check out my Gordon Parks board on Pinterest.

I need this t-shirt.

If there's anything you'd like to see featured in this space on Fashion Friday, let me know!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |