Recipe: Yummy Kale Salad

12.11.12


I always feel kind of like I'm cheating when I blog a recipe for a salad, because, well, it's a salad.  But this was just so yummy I had to share.

What you'll need:

For Dressing:
1 Lemon (juiced and zested)
1/2 cup Olive Oil
2-4 cloves of Garlic (minced)
Sea Salt (to taste)
Black Pepper (to taste)
Honey or Maple Syrup (drizzle)

For Salad:
1 Head of Curly Kale (stems removed, trimmed into bite sized pieces)
1 Apple (Royal Gala work nicely)
1 or 2 handfuls of Dried Cranberries
1 or 2 handfuls of Nuts (any nuts you like)

Directions:

Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing, mix and pour over all of the ingredients for the salad.
You must think that I think you're a total moron because I took the time to type that out. I'm rolling my eyes at myself right now too, don't worry.

Anyway. The best part is that you can do all of this a couple of hours before you eat.  Kale doesn't wilt and the dressing is yummier the longer it sits.

Verdict:

It's hearty and tart and just soooo good.  This would work well as a meal all by itself and is also very nice on the side of something a little fatty like dark chicken that could use some acidity for balance.  It also keeps beautifully which means for once you can keep the leftovers instead of throwing them out and cursing yourself for always making too much damn salad.  Enjoy!

1 comment :

  1. Sounds good. I'll have to add this to my recipe favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |