On Delirium Tremens and Fuzzy Baby Heads

21.4.11

Well, I am quite behind on my New Orleans Memories series.  This week has pretty much been a blur.  We all got variations on the same cold (the grown ups more than the Lenny, thank goodness) and The Robeau has been working day and night, quite literally, out of the home on a project.  Which means that Lenny and I have been constant companions. We're together all day and all night and I've even been breaking my own rules and co-sleeping with her.  Which means that right now, this minute, is the first I've been away from her since Monday morning.  What's crazy about that is I am now going through some kind of Lenny withdrawal. I have a to do list as long as my arm, photos to edit, emails to return, but I can't muster up the necessary focus.  What I want to do is go get my pal out of her crib and have another snuggle.  The sudden absence of the smell of her top of the head is giving me some sort of baby DTs.

They should lock me up in a log cabin for the week with some firewood and some black coffee so I can sweat it out and learn how to be "clean" again.

There were moments over the last couple of days that reminded me of how lucky I am to have a partner that is around as much as The Robeau is, since he mostly works from home.  There were also moments that made me feel incredibly guilty because what I've been doing for the last few days, while fun and rewarding, isn't easy either - and this is what most women do their entire maternity leave and what most stay at home moms do all the time.  ALL THE TIME.  They are made of stronger stuff than I am, I'll tell you that right now. I don't even want to think about single parents.  Shudder at the thought.  Give those brave, crazy people an award.  Now.

Though I imagine they would tell me that the company of their little people is reward enough.  And you know?  I'm inclined to believe them.

2 comments :

  1. Forget that log cabin stuff. The time of baby snuggles passes way too quickly.

    Although, yesterday Janet let me sit on her bed while we watched The Clone Wars on her monitor. I fell asleep hugging her arm. Babies can still be wonderful when they are tall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snuggle and sniff her up as much as you can before she grows up and begins texting that she loves you from her room.

    My baboos are still cool, but those squeezy baby days are short lived.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |