SARSical

13.7.05

Went to see SARSical at the Fringe Fest last night and had an absolutely splendid time!

Subtitled "the musical about a real showstopper," the Rumoli Brothers-written SARSical offers up clever writing, great music (originals and not so subtle rip offs) and polished and zany performances by some polished and yes, I said it, zany performers.

Accompanied my boss, from, uh, CSIS to the show. Since I'm not in a position where I can talk about this assignment, or those I work with on this assignment, all I can say is that he seemed to have a great deal of fun and took the good natured ribbing that he received on stage in his typical good natured manner. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge and all that.

All the performers in SARSical are at the top of their game. It's unnecessary to single any of them out, as this is truly an ensemble piece with fantastic performances all around.

SARSical is playing every night until this Saturday at 7pm at the Tranzac club, just South of Bloor at Brunswick. Tickets are only $10 and the show runs a pleasant 90min. It could be 10-15 minutes shorter, I think, but that is my only minor gripe. If you plan on attending, head over early. Last night's show was sold out.

Stayed around the Fringe tent after the show and got pleasantly tipsy on some glow in the dark green bevvie called Margarita Ice. I was drinking coolers like a teenage girl or a middle aged woman. Good Lord. It was such fun to catch up with old friends that I haven't seen in ages! Also got a real kick out of the Rumoli's late night variety show which happens every night at the Tranzac at 9:30pm. The Rumoli's were charming enough to carry the thing on their own (how much do I love that they sing and dance?) but some of the guests were just great...especially Albert Howell's "American Stand Up Character", The Burnt Marshmallows (those girls are funny!) and of course, one of my all time favourite acts in Toronto, The Williamson Playboys (Doug Morency and Paul Bates). I laughed so much that by the end of the night my face hurt. By the time I woke up this morning my head hurt too, but it was well worth it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |