Fashion Friday: Halston and Warhol: Silver and Suede

6.6.14


Last Friday night, Jen and I were wandering around the beautiful Sax Fifth Avenue in New Orleans.  After about 20 minutes I realized that I did not feel like I was in a department store.  I felt like I was in a museum.  A museum full of beautiful dresses.  That got me to thinking about fashion and art and where the two intersect, and then I read that The Andy Warhol Museum is presenting a new exhibit this Summer, Halston and Warhol: Silver and Suede.

The exhibition Halston and Warhol: Silver and Suede examines the interconnected lives and creative practices of Andy Warhol and Halston – two American icons who had a profound impact on the development of 20th century art and fashion. Organized by The Andy Warhol Museum and Lesley Frowick (Halston's niece), the exhibition integrates Halston’s garments and accessories with photography, video and paintings by Warhol.

I'm sure they'll be showing some of the amazing ads that the pair collaborated on as well.  How cool are these?






Wouldn't these look magnificent framed in a walk in closet or dressing room?  I love them!  




No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |