Fashion Friday: Who is your Style Icon?

7.3.14


Me: Hi, I'm Tracey and I am addicted to BuzzFeed quizzes.
My Facebook Friends: Hi Tracey. Enough already. Stop cluttering our newsfeeds!

I predict by this time next week there will be a BuzzFeed quiz called "Which BuzzFeed Quiz Are You?"  

Seriously though, have you guys been doing these?  I can't stop.  Some of the results are obvious.  Of course I'm Dorothy Zbornak (duh, I've known that since 5th grade) but others are more of surprise.  I've always liked Jenna Lyons (she's killing it on GIRLS this season) and while I'm drawn to the clean lines that she seems to favour, I never gave J.Crew a whole lot of thought.  They haven't been present in Canada at all until quite recently and while some of their larger sizes do run big, they don't have a real plus size line.  So, no bueno, J.Crew.

Anyway, never in a million years would I have called Jenna Lyons my Style Icon.  But, look, the all-knowing, all-seeing BuzzFeed people do:

I've never considered myself "preppy" but they're right about one thing, I do know how to wear the crap out of glasses.


By the way, have you seen my glasses?  I can't find them and I'm starting to worry that Lenny has hidden them wherever she's stashed my USB drives and lip balms, never to be seen again.  But I digress.

I've scoured the web looking for Jenna Lyons-esque J.Crew inspired fashions for plus size women and have a round up here that I think is just fantastic.  And yes, I'd buy and wear each and every one of these, which makes me think that BuzzFeed, once again, knows me better than I know myself.

First up, three looks from Old Navy (all available online) that I think are so polished and chic, I can hardly stand it.  The denim on denim thing is definitely a Jenna Lyons approved trend as are the slim legged pants.  I am loving the pop of colour on that neon belt.

click to enlarge
Next, I've gone digging through some of the more matronly offerings Talbots has to find these black and ivory gems.  See more here.

click to enlarge
Addition Elle, always on trend, have some great polished yet relaxed looks for Spring 2014.  See the whole look book and do some shopping here.  Jenna Lyons is a big fan of leopard print and I think this multicoloured leopard scarf is so fun and would look so great with all the denim we'll be seeing this year.

click to enlarge

I'm curious to see if some I share this Spring, from my own closet, reflect the Jenna Lyons aesthetic!  Thanks for the inspiration, BuzzFeed.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |