Fashion Friday Holiday Lookbook: Seeing Red Edition

13.12.13



If there's one go-to holiday colour it's got to be red, right?  Suddenly I feel like I'm seeing it everywhere.  And I'm loving it. The lusciousness, the vibrancy...it is supposed to be a power colour after all.  I know I feel powerful when I wear it.


Like every 3 year old, Lenny talks a lot about her favourite colour.  I don't know if it's the sudden omnipresence of it thanks to the holidays or not, but she's told me at least twice a day for the last two weeks that red is her favourite colour.

When I put on my bright red Old Navy overcoat (from a couple of seasons ago) last night to head out on date night with Robeau (to celebrate our 12th anniversary), she actually gasped.  That happened.  I have witnesses.


It goes without saying that red nail polish is a must during the holidays.  I also absolutely love pairing this red coat with my vintage burgundy faux fur stole.  I think the contrast in the colours is fantastic and the truth is, I never feel better or more like myself than when I'm wrapped up in a healthy portion of faux fur or feathers.  I'm not sure what that says about me.  It is, as they say, what it is.

---

Some fashion related eye-candy online:

How do we all feel about nail art?  I feel kind of like, as impressed as I am with some of the stuff people pull off, I'm just too grown to go there.  I have to say though, I really dig this red cartoony christmas nail art.

Cate Blanchett looks like the hottest, most stylish monk ever in this Valentino red carpet look.  I love capes!

Speaking of red, and Valentino, feast your eyes on this gorgeous bag.

If there's anything you'd like to see in this space on a Friday, let me know!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |