Fashion Friday Holiday Lookbook: New Years Wishes Edition

27.12.13


Perhaps it's because I've cooked several turkey dinners over the last two months or maybe it's because I've been working with the wonderful people at Butterball Canada on their social media initiatives throughout 2013, but I've become fascinated by the recent Wishbone trend in accessories and home decor.

If you're like me, your New Years Eve celebrations are less about evening wear and glitz than they used to be and more about staying comfy and warm.  Times have changed.  One thing I know I'll be sporting on New Years Eve is this charming little sideways Wishbone necklace I just purchased from bluedrib on Etsy.  The price was right ($2.99!!!) which made it a fun way to try the trend on without making too much of a commitment.

I like the sentiment of starting the new year wearing your wishes around your neck.  It's kind of like wearing your heart on your sleeve.  One thing I'm hoping to do in 2014 is really own what I'm wishing and hoping for.  I find that the more honest I am with myself about what I want the more often those wishes become a reality.  I'm feeling lucky.


Some fashion related eye-candy from around the web:

Silver sideways wishbone bracelet via petitor on Esty.

There sure are a lot of wishbone tattoos out there!

This golden wishbone from Anthropolgie is so cool and sculptural.  Would love to rest this on a pile of well appointed books.

If there's anything that you'd like to see in this space on a Friday, let me know!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |