Feets, do your stuff.

6.4.09

On the weekend some of my awesome girlfriends and I participated in the Harry Rosen Spring Run Off in High Park. I attained my uber-modest goal of finishing the first 5K of the season in under an hour!


It was cold. It was windy. There was a hill at the end. Holy crap, people. Holy crap.

Clearly, I am not built for speed (sorry, Ray Brown). What is interesting is that I'm finding that I gain more speed when using "race walking" techniques than I do when I run or jog (or "yog" as I like to say).

Perhaps a race walking clinic is in my near future? The next 5K is in July. We are planning on taking part in another one in October as well.


As long as there is a mimosa waiting for me at the end, I'm there.

2 comments :

  1. Anonymous7:21 PM

    Under an hour?!! That is awesome!!

    (If only a mimosa was waiting after every event of our day!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the being able to finish in your desired time. I'd still be race-walking my way to the finish line...

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |