Day Three, continued: Walking on the Mississippi

7.5.06

Just when I was beginning to think that the high point of our trip, Preservation Hall, was going to be the only high point, I plugged in the ipod, BLASTED The Malcolm X Jazz Suite and went for a vigorous walk around the French Quarter and down to the Mississippi while the Robeau recouped at the hotel. This walk was cleansing and inspiring because I got see beyond Bourbon Street and Jazz Fest to a place with more character and culture. New Orleans is chock full of great public art. Here are some pics I snapped on the walk that renewed my faith in my vacation. This would be the first of many walks over the course of the trip. It was one of the best things I did.













No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |