Richard Pryor and Me? We're like THIS!

20.6.05


Made a strange discovery this afternoon. While looking at the list of other bloggers who have some of the same interests as mine, I discovered one name kept popping up. And that name was Richard Pryor. We have comedy and jazz in common, which doesn't surprise me. What does surprise me is that Mr. Pryor is also a fan of "The Quiet Man", the brilliant John Ford movie starring John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. Man, you think you know somebody.

His profile reads "I'm a comedian, who had some success, and then I got MS."

Har.

Check it out: My Buddy Richard.


And no, smart ass, I haven't set myself on fire.

Yet.



-----
UPDATE

Margaret Cho said it better than I could have:

12/12/05
R.I.P. Richard Pryor

When I was little all I ever wanted to be was Richard Pryor. I knew it was impossible to grow up and be him, since he was already him, and was doing very well as himself. Still, I did grow up, and bent and shaped my life according to his. As a performer, I always think of him when I am on stage, sweating like crazy under the hot lights. I will never be as good as he was, or as important, but I will always be a tribute, and I will always pay homage. I am struck dumb with sadness at the news of his death, and my sympathy goes out to his family and friends, and all the fans out there like me, who loved him like I do.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |